Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hugs from Lori

It has been nearly a month since Lori passed away. One of the many things I miss the most is her hugs. She gave the best hugs. I have found a new way to hug her. I have switched my laundry detergent and softener to Tide and Downy since Lori used those. Everything smells just like her. I washed a t-shirt of hers and put it on a pillow. I gave it to Ethan because he was super close to Lori. He called her his other mom. Ethan hugged the pillow and his face lit up and he said, "it's Lori. I love you Lori!", and he just squeezes it. I tried it out myself and hugged it wrapping my arms as far around my back as I could and closed my eyes. It felt almost like I was hugging her. This new found thing has been a life saver when I miss her. It's the little things that mean the most right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment