Thursday, January 24, 2013

Jaden's Tribute To His Mom

Jaden spoke at his mom's funeral in Utah and I was so impressed with him. He is such an amazing boy and it has everything to do with the love Lori has for him. Here is Jaden's beautiful talk.
Over the last couple of days I have recalled things I love about my mom. One of the many things I loved about her is that she was not afraid to talk to strangers. I remember the first time she came to visit us in Florida she walked up with an older couple she had met on the plane. The first thing she said to us was that she had invited the couple over to our house for dinner that night. Shawn and Kelly were relieved to hear the couple had turned down the invitation. I could go on and on about things I loved about my mom but the thing I loved the most is the sacrifices she went through so that I could and can live a better life. In John 15:13 it portrays the kind of love my mom had for me. The Savior said “Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends.” To fit this scripture perfectly with my mom in my life it would read, “greater love hath no woman than this that a woman lay down her life for her son.” An early example of this was when she allowed me to go live with Shawn and Kelly. She knew at that time in her life she wasn’t ready to raise me and provide everything she wanted me to have, so I could and can live my life to its fullest potential. I know from conversations with my mom that that was a challenging thing to do but she willingly did it,  hoping that it would give me a brighter future. Seven years ago, she would also sacrifice her life in Utah with the family, friends, and mountains that she loved so much to move to Texas where I had recently moved. She did this so that she could be there and be a second mother figure in my life. And when she felt like just being there by me wasn’t good enough, she again laid her life down and went back to school to earn her RN and provide more for me as much as the circumstances would allow. Going back my personalized version of John 15:13 “greater love hath no woman than this that a woman lay down her life for her son.” I know that by going through all these sacrifices she truly loves me just as Christ loves me. I know that she is up above watching over me. And is finally able to do what she has always wanted to do which is to be with me all the time and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment