Sunday, January 13, 2013

Living with Memories

 
It is so hard to believe that 3 weeks ago tonight I was sitting with my sister making our plans for the next day. We both had a lot of Christmas shopping left. Bella, our dog, was trying to jump in her purse with hopes of sneaking to spend the night at Lori's apartment. She picked up my 3 youngest kids clothes for the next day, and we hugged goodbye. That was the last hug and I love you we would ever share in this life. I had no idea what would happen the next day.

We have had to learn some tough life lessons over the last few weeks. Never have I shed this many tears in all 39 years of my life put together as I have this past few weeks. The speculation about why my sister passed away and how has been so painful. We don't know the cause of death yet. An autopsy was done and we won't have the results for a few more weeks. My children and her son were there and there only 10 minutes that they weren't with her because they were eating breakfast and she was getting ready. It is extremely painful to hear rumors of how she died that are so far from the truth. We would like everyone to remember how she lived not how she left. Many leave this world at untimely times and we don't understand why. I am relying on my faith that I know this life is only a stepping stone to eternity, and Lori still is very much alive.

My sister is an amazing girl who lived a life so full of service. She is special....she touched countless lives. She had a special touch with all patients she so tenderly cared for, and especially difficult patients. She always reached out to anyone in need. She was always there for me. I have no doubt that she is very busy in Heaven helping whoever needs help, and I still feel her hand in my life in a major way.

This picture was taken the last time she visited us in Florida in November. I am so grateful for her role in my kids lives the past 12 years. She was definitely my kids other Mom and an amazing one at that. She is the "Sunshine girl" and will never be forgotten. We love you Lori. You are missed but never forgotten.



No comments:

Post a Comment